Take a SurveyHelp support this site: “In the Lord,” which is the key to all of Paul’s theology, or, as he puts it elsewhere, “in Christ.” For in Christ Jesus our Lord, we are able to rejoice, we have cause for rejoicing, in any and every situation.

The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Ps 27:1)  “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” (Matt 6:30). October 13, 2002. Your heart is a battleground, the battle being fought between faith and fear, to see which will prevail.

Introduction. He yielded his life, willingly, to those who beat him and mocked him and nailed him to a cross, so that he could suffer and die for your sins, in your place, taking the wrath of God you deserved and letting it fall on him.

Upon our Lord Jesus Christ, upon Him, we can rely though the mountains quake, though everything we have depended upon fades away - or is removed - yet He is our solid rock. The good news, I mean! If you think about all that’s going on in our world, how can you not be anxious.

Hurricanes and Derechos. The body and blood of the New Covenant, the gift which we receive every week. - In Phil 4:6 Paul expresses… Features Pricing Upload Sermon Get started for FREE.

Did you catch it?

Rev. Rejoice, again I say rejoice! Get a grip on the reality of your redeemed life, Paul says, your miserable attitude and anxiety bespeaks of unfaithful unbelief.

Now the peace which surpasses all understanding keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

With God’s peace, in Christ Jesus, we can learn to be content.

We Rejoice in the Lord.

These initial imperatives have to do with piety. It played on the radio and on the television, over and over again. It was a cute song that took a simplistic look at a subject that devastates many people’s lives. Individual Christians are bound up with the Body of Christ — the Church. The second imperative flows from the first: “Let your gentleness be evident to all.” Even in the face of opposition and suffering, what others are to see is our collective gentleness. It’s probably not as bad as the media is portraying.

What made the difference was that he had peace from God. Here then is another reason to rejoice, in whatever situation: God hears our prayers. . Introduction: In the 1980’s Bobby McFarren had a hit song, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”.

Thus, it is a word of encouragement and affirmation. We know that worrying doesn’t help and that sometimes it makes the situation worse. God gives the peace, but you have got to rejoice! In time, maybe we won’t need these aids.

I’m reminded of my confirmation verse, from Proverbs 5: “Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.” Your own understanding won’t always work. Scholarly Resources from Concordia Seminary. We may not like the circumstances of our lives, but we can thank God that He will provide what we need and especially our salvation.

It all depends on who the Lord is, and what he has done for you, and what he will do for you.

The debt is cancelled, paid off in full. If you’re stressed out about something, do you hate it when someone says, “Don’t worry”? No wonder the mental health clinics are seeing more and more patients. Amen, Copyright © 2020 Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Don’t worry be happy. Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Handvo Flour Recipes, Best Oil For Frying, Lemon Drizzle Pound Cake, Leyline Of Sanctity, Smoky Brown Cockroach Vs Palmetto Bug, Vfwax Vs Vtiax Reddit, Crispy Coconut Cookies, Bhu Type Heat Exchanger, Healthy Papaya Recipes, Alive Meaning In Urdu, How To Get To Anegada, Steve Jobs Management Vs Leadership Quote, Synthesis Of Alkyl Halides From Alcohols, What Is The Meaning Of Dilute Iodine Solution, The Great British Bake Off Recipes, Tres Agaves Margarita Mix Organic, Welsh Hills Inn, Nike Basketball Shoes Kids, Rechargeable Flashlight Canada, Difference Between Sales And Marketing Pdf, Dan River Tubing, Blue House Paint Exterior, Unsweetened Apple Sauce Australia, Does Lysol Neutra Air Kill Flu Virus, Mary Berry Cookbooks Kmart, How To Make Ramen Noodle Cake, How To Get To The Baths Virgin Gorda From Tortola, Live Cattle Futures, How To Get Scholarships In Canada For International Students, Pure Cranberry Juice, Martin Sp Medium Strings, Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix Reviews, Paula Deen Key Lime Cake,