4This is Hellens houseHellen's housethe house of Hellen. This is Peter‘s father. (NOT the father of Peter) 2. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. We use the question word whose to ask about possession. personal pronouns, possessive pronouns and possessive adjectives : exercise 1 . This decision can be reversed. In previous posts, I showed you some WH questions and how to use them. (= at John’s house) 2. Subscribe to our Newsletter and receive free grammar lessons and exercises, graded readers with comprehension questions, and tips on how to improve your English. This decision can be reversed. Twitter. Possessive pronouns exercise - fill in mine, yours, his, hers, ours or theirs. 7These are Tom and Jenny's carsTom's and Jenny's carsthe cars of Tom and Jenny. We use of and NOT ‘s when we talk about things (and not people or pets). 3The pages of the bookbook's pagesbooks pages are yellow. No Comments. 1George is my sister's new boyfriendthe new boyfriend of my sistermy sisters' new boyfriend. My cat‘sears are white. 6You need to clean the floor's housesthe floor of the housethe house's floor. We use ‘s to show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. (= One car belongs to Tom and another car to Jenny. 3. When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. (= the chemist’s shop) Peter and Mary‘scar is red. Possessive adjectives and subject pronouns (I/my, you/your, etc. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. Whose, possessive 's. There are two possible forms: When we answer with the possessive ‘s, we can also use ‘s + noun or ‘s without a noun. ), Subject and object pronouns, possessive pronouns and adjectives, whose, possessive ‘s – Whose is this? Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings. What’s cracking? Hey, friends! When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. English grammar lesson on-line for elementary level students - An explanation of the use of whose + possessive pronouns with printable exercises. Grammar is easy: Who, Whose and Possessive. October 30, 2017 - Priscila Pereira. And stay updated on the WeLoveTeachingEnglish services. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. With nouns that are used together very often, we often use them together without of and without ‘s. Theory: possessive pronouns/adjectives: Exercises: possessive pronouns: exercise 1. exercise 2 . Present Perfect Continuous vs Present Perfect Simple, Clauses of contrast, purpose, reason and result, Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - No-Derivatives 4.0 International License, « Elementary - Countable and Uncountable nouns, Present Perfect vs Past Perfect - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Past Perfect Continuous - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Comparative and Superlative Adjectives - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Past perfect Simple - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Personal Pronouns - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Possessives - rules and exercises for intermediate level. You can change your preferences at anytime using the controls which are available at the bottom of every page of our site. Facebook. possessive pronouns and possessive adjectives : exercise 1. exercise 2. exercise 3. exercise 4. exercise 5. exercise 6 . I am at John‘s. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. Plural noun ending in -s + ‘ (apostrophe), Irregular plural noun (NOT ending in -s) + ‘s. 1. It’s Mike’s. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. It’s Mike’s. Whose, possessive ‘s – Whose is this? When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. A1–Elementary English grammar and exercises. When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. You have declined cookies. Use 's to say that something belongs to a person; use 'whose' to ask about this person. This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. We use ‘s to show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. This is a new grammar post. There are two possible forms: When we answer with the possessive ‘s, we can also use ‘s + noun or ‘s without a noun. We use the question word whose to ask about possession. (=Two people have one car.). POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS AND WHOSE . Remove Cookies English grammar lesson on-line for elementary level students - An explanation of the use of whose + possessive pronouns with printable exercises. 5This is the collar of my dogmy dogs collarmy dog's collar. You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. Linkedin. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. exercise 7: drag and drop exercise (‘s) exercise 8: various exercises for practising the possessives (‘s or s’) Possessives : ‘s / s’ / ‘ / of exercise 1: fill in the correct form of the possessives ( ‘s, s’, ‘ ) exercise 2: choose the correct form of the possessives ( ‘s, s’, ‘ ) exercise 3: choose ‘s or of; exercise 4: make phrases with ‘s or of; Useful pages 10I need to paint the playroom of the childrenthe childrens' playroomthe children's playroom. In this post, we are going to learn more about WH questions. Today, we will focus on who and whose. Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings. We use ‘sto show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. I need to go to the chemist‘s. Reconsider Cookies Plural noun ending in -s + ‘ (apostrophe), Irregular plural noun (NOT ending in -s) + ‘s. Change Cookie Consent We use of and NOT ‘s when we talk about things (and not people or pets). 1. With nouns that are used together very often, we often use them together without of and without ‘s. 9My mums' friendMy mum's friendThe friend of my mum helps me with my homework. 2All the boys toysthe toys of the boysthe boys' toys are broken. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. ), 8This is Tom's and Jenny's carthe car of Tom and JennyTom and Jenny's car. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - No-Derivatives 4.0 International License .

Verb 2 Die, Social Factors Affecting Education Pdf, Koforidua To Aburi, Bed Head Headrush Boots, La Lechera Recipes In English, Thor Vs Hyperion Who Would Win, Happy Investor Login, Ephesians 4 Verse 4, Michael Addition Product, Plantronics Voyager Focus Uc Troubleshooting, Nike Pride Shoes 2020, Café Starbucks Molido, Lebron 17 Low Black And White, Fine Meaning In Urdu, Korean Tacos Chicken, The Reason For God Sparknotes, Chicken And Brown Rice Recipes For Weight Loss, Low Cost Business Ideas With High Profit, Introduction To Public Health Ppt, All Dharm Granth Name, Click Beetle Virginia, My Sask School, How Long Does Cheese Last In The Fridge Once Opened, Uk Products Not Available In Usa, Tarkir Storm Scale, In Other Waters Switch Controls, Blow Me Away Halo, Nathan's Famous Menu, Does Hook Come Back In Once Upon A Time, Captain Silver Once Upon A Time, Image Of Cranberry Tree,