We are not our own —(a)To injure. See that wonderful tubular bridge which stretches from Wales to Anglesea, and you will hear of its maker — Stephenson, the great engineer: it glorifies him. )How God is glorified in the bodyM.

Sites and sounds on television today would have resulted in a show in the 1950's being removed from the airwaves and possibly even subjected to criminal charges. Then observe " all things are yours," &c. God holds Christ — Christ holds you — you hold everything. The shame is not in the rebuke, but in the sin which calls for it. They What shall I say of profane words, untruthful words, coarse and vulgar words, angry and irritating words, unholy and impure words, light and jesting words, slandering and gossiping words? "Ye are not your own," &c. As to the reason of this, we may observe —(1) We did not create ourselves. HOW CAN WE "GLORIFY GOD IN OUR BODIES"? Read 1 Corinthians 6:19 commentary using Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament. It has a most pernicious effect upon practice.

We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God.

But when the fortunate captive heard his own name called, who can describe his exultation?2. I could not do much for myself if I were my own, but if I am Christ's I expect that He will do great things for me.(C. Spurgeon. The end God had in view in purchasing us was that we might glorify Him (1 Peter 2:9). show the kind of society in which Paul lived. You might be tempted to say — Ah! During the French Revolution the guillotine was invented, and the first man who suffered by it was the man who invented it. )Redemption by priceC. "Is that one of the commandments?" The irreverence will come from taking liberties with the Divine name, perchance, for mere speculation. But if we were originally God's property, what need was there to buy us? Such honour does God give everywhere to the body.II.

We had sold ourselves into slavery; we had committed sins, and thereby exposed ourselves to condemnation and wrath. Your whole manhood belongs to God if you are a Christian.

plans to those whose *faith was strong. Take care of your mouth. You are precious, but you must yet be lowly, for whatever value there is about you, you do not belong to yourself. It is essential both to genuine piety and the Divine glory, that what we do should be not only what is required by the commandments of God, but also that it be done from a regard to His authority. And when He is pleased in tender mercy to work in us both to will and to do; to enable us to choose His commandments as the rule of our life, and to give us grace to obey them; we are then the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works: and all the honouring of God, which is implied in the relinquishment of our own will, and in the adoption of His, we cordially offer to Him; and others, seeing our good works, glorify our Father who is in heaven.(M. (4) By resignation; if we be His, may He not do what He will with His own? Go to the National Gallery, and the artist's work, in each case, may be said to " glorify " him. (2) You will be expected to be more gracious than others; and rightly so, since you claim to be Christ's own. "Gratitude and love bound him, and made him, what I might call, in opposition to a bondman — a free slave. Hay Aitken.A friend of mine was having an earnest conversation upon the necessity of full consecration with a lady who professed to know Christ as her Saviour, but shrunk from yielding herself fully to Him.

It is the superscription of the King, the mark of the Shepherd, the Lord’s impress of Himself upon the heart.

All these get credit for what they have done.

this, *brothers and *sisters: The bodies that we have now cannot have a place Let these things be combined then, and under their joint influence present your bodies a living sacrifice to God, and this will be a holy, acceptable, and reasonable service.

Wilson. "Ye are not your own," and therefore God has a right to do whatever He wills with you.2. )Glorify God in your bodyJ. (3)By the constant and lively exercise of pure love. The seat of religion is the soul, but its effects will be visible in the frame which the soul animates. Jackson.The principle which is recognised in these words is the very reverse of that by which all men are naturally actuated.

The end God had in view in purchasing us was that we might glorify Him (1 Peter 2:9). Withhold not your voice, but sing for Jesus, or speak for Him, if you can, &c.2.

You remember what St. Paul said about his body — "I keep under my body," &c.2. In your spirit. The people of God are here especially meant, who, in a peculiar sense, are not their own, but the temples of God (vers.

He was a businessman, but he developed a severe addiction to gambling, and it ruined his life. These onslaughts have in many instances professed to be mere corrections of our phraseology. If that is good, they concern not themselves about the Divine will and glory. The very buttons on my clothes bear the name of their maker. You can hire your souls out and no wages can recompense you for the loss of them.

But to think carelessly of God is neglect; to think reluctantly of Him is vicious; to think angrily and repulsively of Him is monstrous, and amounts to abomination and ruin.

He has redeemed it, and will glorify it. And all the senses — consecrate them. (2) In reference to the price paid, we may observe, He gave His riches (1 Corinthians 8:9), His honour, His liberty, His life (Philippians 2:6-8). (5) By obedience; implying subjection to His will, and devotedness to His glory.Conclusion: Note —1. Is it useful? WE DO WELL, THEREFORE, TO GIVE SOME THOUGHTS TO THE BODY — for, do we not treat religion as consisting almost entirely of thoughts and feelings? For every act is, at first, a thought. They cannot liberate themselves, nor can this redemption be effected by any one but the Son of God. Think of the righteousness of God! The irreverence will come from taking liberties with the Divine name, perchance, for mere speculation. Men regard their worldly business and their family duties as distinct from their religion. W. Beecher.Christians are like fire-engines at night. But when the fortunate captive heard his own name called, who can describe his exultation?2. And the tongue!

The body? The insensibility will be the direct result of handling an awful and majestic idea without a spiritual purpose. But there is with this a perfect liberty. We must do God's holy will. (a) All the institutions demand the employment of our bodies. of its full meaning, of its mighty import, of its wide scope and bearing? Take the love of God. Though we were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, the transaction was none the less real and effective.2. 13), and bringing it into His house, and consecrating it to Him as His temple to be kept holy.2. Never, perhaps, in the history of God's Church was there a man who thought so much, so deeply, so continually of God as David did. Verses 16-17 Paul uses the words ‘You should know’ ten times in

ways to think. Did you ever think of that word reality? we would avoid God’s judgement. "(1) By humility: considering that we have nothing which we have not received, and which has not been forfeited by sin. If it were taken away from you, or turned against you, would you not think it very hard? (2) In reference to the price paid, we may observe, He gave His riches (1 Corinthians 8:9), His honour, His liberty, His life (Philippians 2:6-8). WHY AM I TO GLORIFY GOD IN MY BODY?1. May we not induce it to admit a higher affection? When you have made a thing for yourself, you feel that you have the best right to it. And that is its beneficence and its glory. (1)By cleanliness, chastity, temperance, industry, cheerfulness, self-denial, patience, &c.(2)In a suffering body by patience unto death. v1 Follow the way of love. What action the mouth has for sin and self-indulgence, or self-denial and careful moderation for Christ's sake. That the body is not to be excluded or undervalued in religion. And when He is pleased in tender mercy to work in us both to will and to do; to enable us to choose His commandments as the rule of our life, and to give us grace to obey them; we are then the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works: and all the honouring of God, which is implied in the relinquishment of our own will, and in the adoption of His, we cordially offer to Him; and others, seeing our good works, glorify our Father who is in heaven.(M. Take a stranger dog into your house, and feed it, and be kind to it, and before a fortnight is over, it will follow you everywhere. Now that is what Jesus has done; He has bought us, not with His money, but with His life. And it must be redeemed. Bring His loving and majestic attributes vividly before you. Jackson.Real Christians are prepared to glorify God, for they are new creatures and temples of the Holy Ghost. Reality! And shall I not seek to glorify God with my body? He who owns you is able to keep you. Because He sustains it. The moon We often say that some men do not think, but it is evident that if they did not think they would not act.

for the end of those things is death."5.

was a way to thank God.

We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God. We see this in nature. Let us endeavour to obtain a lively feeling of our obligations to the Redeemer.3. An EasyEnglish Bible

And they should aim at glorifying Him, not only by patience, by fortitude, by resignation, by acquiescence, and by thankfulness; but as all affliction is sent for the purposes of improvement, by humbling themselves before Him, by inquiring wherefore the Lord contendeth with them, by putting away their iniquities, and by giving their hearts and devoting their lives unreservedly to His will. We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God. To glorify God, then, implies as the very first thing that we think of Him. YOUR STATE.1. Our body and spirit are both bought with the body and spirit of Jesus.

Your heart is not your own, but Christ's; your thoughts are not your own, but his who liveth in you; your time is not your own, but is redeemed for the Redeemer; your abilities and influence are not your own, but are to be consecrated to him to whom you owe both them and the bias which has been given them; your property is not your own, but his who claims your all. Pray constantly for more calmness. We should consecrate it in the morning to God, and deal with it all day long as a very sacred thing. And the tongue! No. An instrument so wonderful that when the Earl of Bridgewater bequeathed in his will £8,000 sterling for treatises to be written on the wisdom, power, and goodness of God, and Dr. Chalmers found his subject in the adaptation of external nature to the moral and intellectual constitution of man, and the learned Dr. Whewell found his subject in astronomy, Sir Charles Bell, the great English anatomist and surgeon, found his greatest illustration of the wisdom, power, and goodness of God in the construction of the human hand, writing his whole book on that subject. They should go only on His errands. When I comb my hair the very hairs remind me that they are all numbered.

Few things are more injurious to the mind than that passive contemplation which fails to run out into active desires or stimulated hope. Windhaven Tega Cay, Employees Of Marks And Spencer, Classical Conditioning Pavlov, Qualities Of A Good Girlfriend, Rendang Powder Substitute, Doner Restaurant Near Me, Cluefinders Jungle Adventure, 7-day Vegan Keto Meal Plan, Steve Jobs Management Style Pdf, 1 Gallon To M3, Pc Butter Chicken Lasagna Review, Kershaw Blur Serrated, Parsnip Recipes Soup, Decaf Coffee Caffeine, Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer, Does American Crew Thickening Shampoo Work, Types Of Bread Without Yeast, Kenstar Cooler Service, Nike Wide Basketball Shoes, Hexane Ir Bands, Sara In Arabic Calligraphywaterfront Station Map, Plumb Meaning In Urdu, Orange And Chocolate Bundt Cake, Taylor Mary Carpenter, Eternal Monarch Meaning In Urdu, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command Ds, When To Let Go Of A Relationship, Mama Instant Rice Noodles Chicken, My Cooler Fan Is Not Working, How To Cook Pork Chops On The Stove With Water, Fatso Cocoa Peanut Butter, Product Marketing Vs Marketing, Software Engineer Unemployment Rate, Ginger Family Flowers, Friends Quiz 20 Questions, Rage 1 Release Date, Pale Pink Long Sleeve Top, Celkon Mobile Website, Tinda Seeds Online, Ini Edo Children, Anna And The Apocalypse Lyrics, Road Scholar Travel Department, Bearskin Fairy Tale Pdf, Shawn Eckhardt Interview Espionage, Magnum Ice Cream Stomach Ache, High Key Mini Cookies Target, Epic Games Game Is Running But It Isn T, Common Co Living, Number Of Neutrons In Nitrogen, Pseudoscorpion Vs Tick, Swarm Of Rats 5e, Most Common Cause Of Junctional Tachycardia, " />

Benson.I.

We are bound to take care of the health of the body, for it is God's body; and we all know how greatly even a little disease of the body can disturb even our peace and joy, and faith, as illness stops work, and gives sorrow and expense to others. Keep every part of it for God.(J. The Christians at Corinth thought that they *preach because God has chosen me. And remember that the more promptitude and pleasure and zeal you show in yielding your bodies unto God the more you shall honour Him. And who made that body of yours? Hay Aitken. (3) If you are not holy, the sacred name of your Redeemer, your Proprietor, and your Indweller will be compromised. To be "our own" is our very greatest ambition. As a Spirit of adoption He dwells in the believer.

We are not our own —(a)To injure. See that wonderful tubular bridge which stretches from Wales to Anglesea, and you will hear of its maker — Stephenson, the great engineer: it glorifies him. )How God is glorified in the bodyM.

Sites and sounds on television today would have resulted in a show in the 1950's being removed from the airwaves and possibly even subjected to criminal charges. Then observe " all things are yours," &c. God holds Christ — Christ holds you — you hold everything. The shame is not in the rebuke, but in the sin which calls for it. They What shall I say of profane words, untruthful words, coarse and vulgar words, angry and irritating words, unholy and impure words, light and jesting words, slandering and gossiping words? "Ye are not your own," &c. As to the reason of this, we may observe —(1) We did not create ourselves. HOW CAN WE "GLORIFY GOD IN OUR BODIES"? Read 1 Corinthians 6:19 commentary using Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament. It has a most pernicious effect upon practice.

We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God.

But when the fortunate captive heard his own name called, who can describe his exultation?2. I could not do much for myself if I were my own, but if I am Christ's I expect that He will do great things for me.(C. Spurgeon. The end God had in view in purchasing us was that we might glorify Him (1 Peter 2:9). show the kind of society in which Paul lived. You might be tempted to say — Ah! During the French Revolution the guillotine was invented, and the first man who suffered by it was the man who invented it. )Redemption by priceC. "Is that one of the commandments?" The irreverence will come from taking liberties with the Divine name, perchance, for mere speculation. But if we were originally God's property, what need was there to buy us? Such honour does God give everywhere to the body.II.

We had sold ourselves into slavery; we had committed sins, and thereby exposed ourselves to condemnation and wrath. Your whole manhood belongs to God if you are a Christian.

plans to those whose *faith was strong. Take care of your mouth. You are precious, but you must yet be lowly, for whatever value there is about you, you do not belong to yourself. It is essential both to genuine piety and the Divine glory, that what we do should be not only what is required by the commandments of God, but also that it be done from a regard to His authority. And when He is pleased in tender mercy to work in us both to will and to do; to enable us to choose His commandments as the rule of our life, and to give us grace to obey them; we are then the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works: and all the honouring of God, which is implied in the relinquishment of our own will, and in the adoption of His, we cordially offer to Him; and others, seeing our good works, glorify our Father who is in heaven.(M. (4) By resignation; if we be His, may He not do what He will with His own? Go to the National Gallery, and the artist's work, in each case, may be said to " glorify " him. (2) You will be expected to be more gracious than others; and rightly so, since you claim to be Christ's own. "Gratitude and love bound him, and made him, what I might call, in opposition to a bondman — a free slave. Hay Aitken.A friend of mine was having an earnest conversation upon the necessity of full consecration with a lady who professed to know Christ as her Saviour, but shrunk from yielding herself fully to Him.

It is the superscription of the King, the mark of the Shepherd, the Lord’s impress of Himself upon the heart.

All these get credit for what they have done.

this, *brothers and *sisters: The bodies that we have now cannot have a place Let these things be combined then, and under their joint influence present your bodies a living sacrifice to God, and this will be a holy, acceptable, and reasonable service.

Wilson. "Ye are not your own," and therefore God has a right to do whatever He wills with you.2. )Glorify God in your bodyJ. (3)By the constant and lively exercise of pure love. The seat of religion is the soul, but its effects will be visible in the frame which the soul animates. Jackson.The principle which is recognised in these words is the very reverse of that by which all men are naturally actuated.

The end God had in view in purchasing us was that we might glorify Him (1 Peter 2:9). Withhold not your voice, but sing for Jesus, or speak for Him, if you can, &c.2.

You remember what St. Paul said about his body — "I keep under my body," &c.2. In your spirit. The people of God are here especially meant, who, in a peculiar sense, are not their own, but the temples of God (vers.

He was a businessman, but he developed a severe addiction to gambling, and it ruined his life. These onslaughts have in many instances professed to be mere corrections of our phraseology. If that is good, they concern not themselves about the Divine will and glory. The very buttons on my clothes bear the name of their maker. You can hire your souls out and no wages can recompense you for the loss of them.

But to think carelessly of God is neglect; to think reluctantly of Him is vicious; to think angrily and repulsively of Him is monstrous, and amounts to abomination and ruin.

He has redeemed it, and will glorify it. And all the senses — consecrate them. (2) In reference to the price paid, we may observe, He gave His riches (1 Corinthians 8:9), His honour, His liberty, His life (Philippians 2:6-8). (5) By obedience; implying subjection to His will, and devotedness to His glory.Conclusion: Note —1. Is it useful? WE DO WELL, THEREFORE, TO GIVE SOME THOUGHTS TO THE BODY — for, do we not treat religion as consisting almost entirely of thoughts and feelings? For every act is, at first, a thought. They cannot liberate themselves, nor can this redemption be effected by any one but the Son of God. Think of the righteousness of God! The irreverence will come from taking liberties with the Divine name, perchance, for mere speculation. Men regard their worldly business and their family duties as distinct from their religion. W. Beecher.Christians are like fire-engines at night. But when the fortunate captive heard his own name called, who can describe his exultation?2. And the tongue!

The body? The insensibility will be the direct result of handling an awful and majestic idea without a spiritual purpose. But there is with this a perfect liberty. We must do God's holy will. (a) All the institutions demand the employment of our bodies. of its full meaning, of its mighty import, of its wide scope and bearing? Take the love of God. Though we were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, the transaction was none the less real and effective.2. 13), and bringing it into His house, and consecrating it to Him as His temple to be kept holy.2. Never, perhaps, in the history of God's Church was there a man who thought so much, so deeply, so continually of God as David did. Verses 16-17 Paul uses the words ‘You should know’ ten times in

ways to think. Did you ever think of that word reality? we would avoid God’s judgement. "(1) By humility: considering that we have nothing which we have not received, and which has not been forfeited by sin. If it were taken away from you, or turned against you, would you not think it very hard? (2) In reference to the price paid, we may observe, He gave His riches (1 Corinthians 8:9), His honour, His liberty, His life (Philippians 2:6-8). WHY AM I TO GLORIFY GOD IN MY BODY?1. May we not induce it to admit a higher affection? When you have made a thing for yourself, you feel that you have the best right to it. And that is its beneficence and its glory. (1)By cleanliness, chastity, temperance, industry, cheerfulness, self-denial, patience, &c.(2)In a suffering body by patience unto death. v1 Follow the way of love. What action the mouth has for sin and self-indulgence, or self-denial and careful moderation for Christ's sake. That the body is not to be excluded or undervalued in religion. And when He is pleased in tender mercy to work in us both to will and to do; to enable us to choose His commandments as the rule of our life, and to give us grace to obey them; we are then the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works: and all the honouring of God, which is implied in the relinquishment of our own will, and in the adoption of His, we cordially offer to Him; and others, seeing our good works, glorify our Father who is in heaven.(M. Take a stranger dog into your house, and feed it, and be kind to it, and before a fortnight is over, it will follow you everywhere. Now that is what Jesus has done; He has bought us, not with His money, but with His life. And it must be redeemed. Bring His loving and majestic attributes vividly before you. Jackson.Real Christians are prepared to glorify God, for they are new creatures and temples of the Holy Ghost. Reality! And shall I not seek to glorify God with my body? He who owns you is able to keep you. Because He sustains it. The moon We often say that some men do not think, but it is evident that if they did not think they would not act.

for the end of those things is death."5.

was a way to thank God.

We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God. We see this in nature. Let us endeavour to obtain a lively feeling of our obligations to the Redeemer.3. An EasyEnglish Bible

And they should aim at glorifying Him, not only by patience, by fortitude, by resignation, by acquiescence, and by thankfulness; but as all affliction is sent for the purposes of improvement, by humbling themselves before Him, by inquiring wherefore the Lord contendeth with them, by putting away their iniquities, and by giving their hearts and devoting their lives unreservedly to His will. We should treat our body as something given us to enjoy and use for God. To glorify God, then, implies as the very first thing that we think of Him. YOUR STATE.1. Our body and spirit are both bought with the body and spirit of Jesus.

Your heart is not your own, but Christ's; your thoughts are not your own, but his who liveth in you; your time is not your own, but is redeemed for the Redeemer; your abilities and influence are not your own, but are to be consecrated to him to whom you owe both them and the bias which has been given them; your property is not your own, but his who claims your all. Pray constantly for more calmness. We should consecrate it in the morning to God, and deal with it all day long as a very sacred thing. And the tongue! No. An instrument so wonderful that when the Earl of Bridgewater bequeathed in his will £8,000 sterling for treatises to be written on the wisdom, power, and goodness of God, and Dr. Chalmers found his subject in the adaptation of external nature to the moral and intellectual constitution of man, and the learned Dr. Whewell found his subject in astronomy, Sir Charles Bell, the great English anatomist and surgeon, found his greatest illustration of the wisdom, power, and goodness of God in the construction of the human hand, writing his whole book on that subject. They should go only on His errands. When I comb my hair the very hairs remind me that they are all numbered.

Few things are more injurious to the mind than that passive contemplation which fails to run out into active desires or stimulated hope.

Windhaven Tega Cay, Employees Of Marks And Spencer, Classical Conditioning Pavlov, Qualities Of A Good Girlfriend, Rendang Powder Substitute, Doner Restaurant Near Me, Cluefinders Jungle Adventure, 7-day Vegan Keto Meal Plan, Steve Jobs Management Style Pdf, 1 Gallon To M3, Pc Butter Chicken Lasagna Review, Kershaw Blur Serrated, Parsnip Recipes Soup, Decaf Coffee Caffeine, Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer, Does American Crew Thickening Shampoo Work, Types Of Bread Without Yeast, Kenstar Cooler Service, Nike Wide Basketball Shoes, Hexane Ir Bands, Sara In Arabic Calligraphywaterfront Station Map, Plumb Meaning In Urdu, Orange And Chocolate Bundt Cake, Taylor Mary Carpenter, Eternal Monarch Meaning In Urdu, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command Ds, When To Let Go Of A Relationship, Mama Instant Rice Noodles Chicken, My Cooler Fan Is Not Working, How To Cook Pork Chops On The Stove With Water, Fatso Cocoa Peanut Butter, Product Marketing Vs Marketing, Software Engineer Unemployment Rate, Ginger Family Flowers, Friends Quiz 20 Questions, Rage 1 Release Date, Pale Pink Long Sleeve Top, Celkon Mobile Website, Tinda Seeds Online, Ini Edo Children, Anna And The Apocalypse Lyrics, Road Scholar Travel Department, Bearskin Fairy Tale Pdf, Shawn Eckhardt Interview Espionage, Magnum Ice Cream Stomach Ache, High Key Mini Cookies Target, Epic Games Game Is Running But It Isn T, Common Co Living, Number Of Neutrons In Nitrogen, Pseudoscorpion Vs Tick, Swarm Of Rats 5e, Most Common Cause Of Junctional Tachycardia,